Sunday, March 12, 2006

Best Blog Ever

Long story short, I was at this thing and ran into this guy and we got to talking and concluded that I didn't have a blog because it would make all other blogs look like worthless pieces of shit. Honestly, I eventually had to admit both that such was not the case, and I didn't have a good reason. Maybe it was because Megan told me to do it like five years ago and this will vindicate that claim bigtime. Oh well, she can be right on this one

THIS BLOG BELIEVES IN NAAASING, LEBOVSKY, NASING

This blog will be what it is, nothing more, nothing less. I hope it will at least amuse the folks that put up with my rants anyway. Now, you don't have to get off your lazy ass and find me at the bar. Names (and a lot of other stuff) may be omitted to avoid the hassle. The idea of having a complete all-access pass to my mind available for any one is incredibly intruiging, but way too intimidating. Does that make me repressed? In a way, yes, but we all have our hangups. Would *you* want anyone in the world you know get to hear EVERY SINGLE THING that goes through your mind, even the person you would claim oyu're the closest to? Much less so people who might want to arrest oyu for what you think. And that's why both stream of consciousness and blogs are never gonna cut it: because nobody puts ALL of it out there, and if they do, then probably they both are drunk and should not.

Just so we're clear, this is also the problem with psychotherapy. History should note that at this time in America it is pretty common to pay somebody (a special somebody who has a piece of paper that I don'y) a decent amount of money (except in the case of insurance, and unfortunately I have to work in the morning, no time to touch on that) to sit and listen to you talk, in an effort, allegedly, to acquire aforementioned all-access pass to the mind. This in any case is never actually accomplished, and yet the practice persists. Why? Perhaps because we're all getting even more opposed to said objective in the first place. Sure, honesty is a great thing and all but c'mon, what would happen if everyone could read each others' minds? Society as we know it could not exist, and chess would be impossible to play. Ups and downs, strikes and gutters.

Back to the blog. This blog, as you have just witnessed, will ramble. This blog will not, however, be an extension of any alleged social life I have or may acquire in the future. That's simply not what it's here for. There's a reason this isn't on myspace. Yeah, I went there.

So what is this thing doing suddenly sucking up server space? Mostly, I have decided that the time has come to stop being so lazy about things, something most of us could stand to do. As the radio station at work constantly reminds me "(Luuuuuuuuuunch combos are the main attraction, with) a little less talk and a lot more action." An illustrative example can also be found in a letter I reeived and have intended to reply to for 3 months now. There was a really odd metaphor amid a diatribe about the very topic of actually getting shit done. Something about attaching the stone of inspiration. Stuck with me.

So what does an enterprise essentially endowed with a healthy amount of self-indulgent narcissism have to do with winning the now-declared WAR ON LAZINESS? (prepare to go down on accessory to laziness charges) It has to do with the justification I have heretofore utilized for not fighting this sinister force of TERRA, specifically, why bother? I currently believe the answer is "why not? why the hell not?" My current state of affairs can always use improvement, and doing nothing is not a good way to ensure that happens.

And so, you might say, I've got new dip, and I'm gettin with it. This blog may, at its best, help to both encourage and document this process, because it is now necessarily tied up with everything. For example, if I have declared this blog to be my first move, it does not bode well for me if I fail to write it as much as I intend to. Toward this end, I have begaun to consider... purchasing a laptop. That, in turn, is also associated with my declared intention to go to law school. At the end of all that lies the mythic beast known in some circles as "the real world". This is the beast I didn't see the point in seeking, since the whole ordeal sounds like a pain in the ass. But on the other hand, sitting around all day leaves one wiht a sore rear as well.

Interestingly, during this rambling I still haven't said much about what this blog will be so much as whit it will not be. Well, it will be some shit I think about sometimes. Sources of inspiration will vary. That's where y'all come in. Help me out. In other words, if you are gonna bother to read my shit in the first place, can't you be bothered to help it along by commenting?

So whatever, welcome to my digital abode. No promises on any content. I don't even have fucking internet access. But so help me I will write the shit out of this blog, and in the end, it probably will make all other blogs look like pieces of shit. Google me, bitch.

6 comments:

rebecca said...

I got a new hip and I'm gettin rickets

p said...

holy jeez I wanted to lick 'em

Anonymous said...

Evеrуonе loves what уou guys arе usuallу up too.

Τhiѕ typе of clevеr woгκ and coverage!
Keep up the fantаstic works guys I've included you guys to blogroll.

my blog post link building
my webpage > private blog network

Anonymous said...

Wondеrful blog! Do you have anу hints fοr аѕpiring writerѕ?
I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm а little lost on everуthіng.
Would you suggest ѕtarting wіth а freе platfοrm like Wordрress or go for а paid optіon?
Therе are sо many choices out therе that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Also visit my webpage link building services link building services

Anonymous said...

Hey! Do you know if they make any pluginѕ to assіst ωіth SEО?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm nοt
ѕeеing very gooԁ ѕucceѕs.

If уοu knοw of any please share.
Manу thankѕ!

Lοok intο my ρаgе .

.. reputation management

Anonymous said...

This post will help thе inteгnet рeοple for buіlding up new ωeblog or even a ωeblog
frоm start to end.

Visit my web blоg: lloyd irvin