Tuesday, August 12, 2008

some things don't change

i couldn't get any internet happening at home, which is somewhat disturbing, but not quite the end of the world. i went to the coffee shop i go to when i need internet, and that is still where i am. and i still hate coffee shops. this one has its own individual issues, mostly acquired from location. some things are just how coffee shops are, like seven dollar sandwiches that aren't even made here. and also terribly stupid, loud, and annoying people. i am very sad that my headphones are broken. the music is godawful. this ridiculous chick next to me alternates between chatting on her cell and getting seriously down with her jams. apparently she is the person this coffee shop is meant for, she is certainly a penn poster child. the other people next to me are the most halfass grad students i've ever overheard at a coffee shop. they do not seem to actually know what the fuck they are doing or supposed to be doing. instead they have shifted to a lengthy conversation about somebody's boyfriend. repeating the mantra that relationships are about compromise, the girl detailed several things that this guy had better fucking do or else. it did not sound like a whole lot of negotiation was going to happen. oh man, now one of my prize-winning co-habitants just tried to get the barista to make a sandwich while she (the prize-winner) was standing next to a cooler display full of sandwiches.
also i began reading the hitchhiker's guide books again. they are still extremely entertaining, hilarious, and difficult to put down. the plot has not changed either, which is unfortunate from a predictability standpoint, but there was no need to mess with success.
this is my update: i still don't like coffee shops because i have never liked them, and the hitchhiker's guide series has not degraded in quality in any way, being a static work of fiction. also, there are several people in the world that i do not like, many for entirely superficial reasons. you are now up to speed.

4 comments:

erin said...

strange.

i was just thinking about reading the hitchhiker series as i've never read it before.

Miss Zombie Eyes said...

Thank you for bringing me up to speed on things.

I've also come to a difficult realization that I will not be reading about any scooters. I'm a little upset about that.

erin said...

You know what? It really is an experience. (Sorry, hijacking your comments re the comment you left on my blog)It's weird how I don't even buy so much of this campaign and yet I love meeting all of these new and interesting people I never would have had it not been for Obama. And as someone who has spent most of her life feeling as though a democracy is only as strong as it's people I honestly feel like THAT'S how I'm making a difference. I'm building relationships in a community that I hope will be around long after November 4 and not just socially, but politically.

Yick. If I start thinking too hard about it I kinda make myself sick.

rebecca said...

maybe you should spend more time at the fish house.